Last Revised: March 28, 2016
Apprival (“Apprival“, “Company” “we” or “us“) respects the privacy of the visitors and/or users of its website atwww.apprival.io(including its subdomains) (collectively, the “Site“) and related Services (“User” or“you”) and is committed to protect the personal information that its Users share with it. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use when you visit and/or use our Site and Services.
Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
FOR AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, PROCESSING, TRANSFER AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THAT SUCH INFORMATION ISVOLUNTARILYPROVIDED TO US.
Which information we may collect on our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users:
Non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”).We are not aware of the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information.Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User, and which is available to us while such User is entering into and/or using the Site. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information, and may contain, among other things, the activity of the User on the Site, type of operating system, User’s ‘click-stream’ or searches on the Site, type and version of browser, keyboard language, screen resolution, etc.
Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”).This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature.
Users of the Site automatically provide their IP address mainly for enhancing the User’s experience and for geo-location and security purposes as further detailed below.
When opening an Account, Users may be required to provide the following details: full name, e-mail address and a password. Such Users may (but are not required to) provide us with their phone number.
- Alternatively, a User can open an Account and signup to the Service via existing third party accounts (e.g., Facebook, etc.) used by such User (“Social Network Account”). In the event that a User registers to the Service through his/her existing Social Network Account, then such Social Network Account provides us with access to certain information about such User as is stored in the User’s Social Network Account, namely, the User’s full name and email and/or any other information which is detailed and displayed to the User in the notice which appears during the integration process with such Social Network Account. Please read carefully such notice in order to understand what information is made available to us via your Social Network Account. We may collect your login information and other relevant information necessary to enable us to access your Social Network Account in order to collect the abovementioned data contained within your Social Network Account which you provided us access to. We may store the above-mentioned information (or any part of it), in order to achieve the purposes set forth herein. Please remember that the manner in which social networks use, store or disclose your information is governed solely by their policies and we will have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of such social networks. If you do not agree to these practices please do not use the social network integration feature.
In addition, Personal Information which is being gathered consists of any personal details provided consciously and voluntarily by the User (e.g. in the contact form on the Site).
Payments are made through Online Payment Processors which may require the paying User to provide to the applicable Online Payment Processor certain Personal Information (such as, a credit card number and other related billing information). We donotcollect such information.
For avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
How Do We Collect Information on Our Users?
There are a few methods that we use:
We collect information through your entry and use of the Site. In other words, when you are using the Site and Service we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage.
We collect information which you decide to provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal information when you contact us through the contact form or when you open an Account. We may also collect Personal Information when you register and open an Account by registering through your Social Network Account. When registering through your Social Network Account, you agree to grant us access to Personal Information stored in your Social Network Account, as detailed above.
We may gather, collect and store such information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below
What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Use it for statistical and research purposes and for customization and improvement of our Site and Services.
- Enhance the User’s experience while using the Site and Services.
Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Provide and personalize our Services to our Users.
- Verify the User’s identity when he/she signs in through his/her Account.
- Provide Users with updated information regarding our products and services.
- Send emails or push notifications to the User (and User hereby agrees to receive such messages). Users can deactivate push notification by changing the settings within their device and/or changing the notification settings in accordance with the instructions of the operating system running on the Users’ device. Users may also opt out by clicking the “unsubscribe” option contained in the message.
- Be able to contact Users for the purpose of providing them with technical assistance and support.
- Determine general geolocation information (i.e., country) from which the User’s computer is connected to the Internet in order for us to know the general location of our Site’s Users as well as in order to safeguard our Site.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
For avoidance of doubt, Apprival may transfer and discloseNon-personal Informationto third parties at its discretion, including without limitation for statistical, analytical and research purposes and for customization, development and improvement of our Site and Service.
Deletion or Modification of Personal Information
In any event, if for any reason you (or any person) wish to delete or modify Personal Information, you can do so within your Account. Otherwise, please send us an e-mail with adequate detail of your request to:[email protected]and we will make reasonable efforts to modify or delete any such Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. Note that unless otherwise explicitly specified herein and/or unless you instruct us otherwise we may retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably required for the purposes of which such Personal Information was collected, all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws.
Aggregated and/or anonymous information derived from your use of the Site or Services may remain on our servers indefinitely.
The Site is intended for Users over the age of thirteen (13). Therefore, Apprival does not intend and does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13) and does not wish to do so. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under the age of thirteen (13) are not using the Site. If we learn that we collected Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13) we will delete that information as quickly as possible. Please contact Apprival at[email protected]if you have reasons to suspect that Apprival collected Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13) and will delete that information as quickly as possible. It is hereby clarified that the documents you provide us access to may include information regarding children under the age of thirteen (13) only in the event that the legal guardian of such child has agreed to such use, all as required under any applicable laws.
We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. The Personal Information is hosted on the Amazon cloud servers which provide advanced strict security standards (both physical and logical). In addition we employ highly secure services design and implementation using encryption and architectures mechanisms.. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur. APPRIVAL SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR FAILURE TO STORE OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION.
Third Party Service Providers
Links to Third Party Websites
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.
When you access or use the Site, we or our third party service providers may use industry-wide technologies such as “cookies” or other similar technologies which store certain information on your computer or device (“Cookies“), which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features and make your experience much more convenient and effortless. We or our authorized third party service providers may use both session cookies (which expire once you close the Site) and persistent cookies (which stay on your system until you delete them). It is easy to disable or delete Cookies. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, if you disable or erase cookies, your online experience may be limited. Cookies usually store only a Non-personal Information, such as the web pages you have visited, the duration of your browsing, etc. Apprival does not control such third party service providers.
International Data Transfer
In order to provide the Site and Service, we may transfer information collected about you, including Personal Information, to affiliated entities, or to other third party service provides (as provided herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may transfer such information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to such transfer of information.
You hereby agree that we may use the contact details you provided us for customer support purposes, as well as to inform you regarding our products and services. You may withdraw your consent by following the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which are available in the message transmitted to you.
Got any Questions?